Who: Competitors aged 12 to 20 (as of December 31st of the current year)
Skill Level: Alpine Integration Model, Learn to Train and Learn to Race
Where: North Zone
The Regional Series is a zone-based programs intended to assist athletes in the transition from the Learn to Train stage of skill development to the Learn to Race stage. Another goal of the program is to provide a competitive series for 12 to 20 year old skiers, which requires less travel and time commitment than the Provincial U14 and U16 series.
The Regional Series program should also introduce athletes to ski specific mental and physical training, and continue to develop the technical skills learned in the Nancy Greene Ski League.
- Competitors must be a member in good standing of an Alberta Alpine club and must have purchased a national competitor card.
- Each coach must be a member in good standing of the Canadian Ski Coaches Federation or the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance.
- Competitions must be sanctioned by Alberta Alpine and Alpine Canada Alpin.
- Separate prize categories will be awarded for U14 and U16. If there are sufficient entries the Race Organizers may also award prizes in the Junior category.
- The use of crash helmets is compulsory for all events. Helmets used must be specifically designed and manufactured for Alpine Ski Racing.
- The use ofmouth protection and back protectors specifically designed for Alpine Ski Racing is strongly recommended for all competitors.
- The use of crash helmets is strongly recommended for all coaches and volunteers
- All registered athletes are eligible to receive awards during the regular series. Any athletes placed in the top 15 of the U14 or U16 provincial series rankings (2011-2012) are not eligible for awards at the series finals.
Click here for the Jasper Junior Olympics Video