VAN HOUTTE ALBERTA CUP
PROVINCIAL FIS RACE SERIES
Who: A FIS race series for athletes aged 16 and older (as of December 31st of the current year)
AIM: Learn to Race - Train to Race
Where: Alberta and British Columbia
The Van Houtte Alberta Cup Series offers high quality racing and development opportunities for those athletes aspiring to the highest levels of our sport. Training programs provide a progression from the Learn to Race - Train to Race phases of the Long Term Skier Development Model (AIM 2 Win) and offer intensive technical, tactical, physical, and mental training in order to prepare athletes to compete at this level.
• Competitors must be registered with the Federation Internationale de Ski (FIS).
• Each coach must be a member in good standing of the Canadian Ski Coaches Federation (CSCF), a minimum of Performance (Level 3) coach certification is recommended for the Head FIS Coach in each club.
• All aspects of the competition and competitors' equipment must conform to the International Ski Competition Rules (ICR). For more information consult the rules and publications section at http://www.fis-ski.com
• The awards for each race will include medals for the following:
o Top three male and female competitors overall
o Top three male and female U18 competitors
o Most improved male and female competitors
• In the event of a tie in a race or a series final, both racers will receive the points and awards for the tied position. The position following the tie will be unassigned.
• All participants are eligible for awards, however only Alberta registered FIS athletes, including CAST, are elgible for series points.
• The Alberta Cup Series is based on the competitors' results from all series races.
** The Apex SG and DH event is also a NORAM event, but will count for cup points.
Van Houtte Alberta Cup Provincial FIS Race Series
|Dec 8 - 9||Banff Mt Norquay||2 SL|
|Dec 19 - 22||Panorama||2 SL, 2 GS|
|Jan 10 - 13||Norquay/Lake Louise||2 SL 2 GS|
|Feb 6 - 11||**Apex||2 SG, 2 DH|
|Feb 14 - 15||Nakiska||2 SG|
|Mar 2 - Mar 5||Sun Peaks||2 SL, 2 GS|
|Mar 30 - Apr 4||Panorama||2 SG, 2 GS, 2 SL|